13-17 Jan 2020
A celebration of EA sponsored youth services within the voluntary sector!
The project rationale is based on the need for membership organisations to better articulate, market and celebrate the work and achievements of young people, staff and volunteers. YWA is strategically placed to support membership groups to articulate the successes of their interventions and share these with and across communities and interested areas. A week of themed activities will highlight and share the impacts and outcomes of youth work including some of the progress made against EA, START and Children’s and Youth People Strategic Outcomes. Below is the proposed outline of the project deliverables:
Aim: Coordinate and promote EA funded youth work and YWA membership
· Celebration of outcomes using themes to help focus on the important deliverables across the sector.
· Promoting good practice and organisational achievements through innovative activities and media sharing
· Celebrate the achievements of staff, volunteers and young people against youth work outcomes
· Localised media outputs of YWA membership celebrating youth services within and across communities
· Completion and sharing of the impact card model
· Marketing and sharing of promotional materials each day according to themed days
· Coordination of celebration events with certificate presentations and volunteer celebrations in local communities
Delivery: Daily Themes
Youth Work Improving.…….
· Monday: Health & well-Being examining the contribution of youth work to health & well-being outcomes
· Tuesday: Access for all examining participation and inclusion of youth work within the participation outcome
· Wednesday: Living in safety will examine how youth work keeps young people safe through positive developmental, educational activities and positive decision making;
· Thursday: Active citizenship will examine how youth work supports young people with their identity, civic engagement and responsibilities
· Friday: Learning & achieving will enable groups examine how their organisations, staff and young people have improved educational outcomes and potential for learning. The week will finish with a celebration for all volunteers within youth services within their own units.
Ideas for Promotional Materials
· Make a video on a theme
· Create a poster/collage/leaflet
· Interview a young person/staff member/volunteer
· Get a young person to tell their story
· Interview an alumni who can articulate the longevity of the impacts
· Create a selfie-frame for photos with #YouthWorkWorks
· Make a cartoon board
· Create a mural within the unit
· Share old photos with a story
· Create a message board on social media
Make sure all materials have youth work alliance and education authority logo’s attached.